Gavina Baralla is a research fellow in Mathematics and Computer science at the University of Cagliari.
She holds a Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Engineering from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (DIEE) of the University of Cagliari in 2019. The title of the thesis is “Enabling technologies for the development of smart cities” with supervisors prof. Michele Marchesi and prof. Giorgio Fumera.
Her research interests are focused on the study of the blockchain technology applied to different sectors such as e-health and agri-food chain management.
Moreover, her studies concern the Knowledge Management referred to Semantic Web, use of taxonomies, ontologies and linked data.
e-mail: gavinabaralla [at] diee.unica.it
Articles on International Journals
- Andrea Pinna, Simona Ibba, Gavina Baralla, Roberto Tonelli, Michele Marchesi, A Massive Analysis of Ethereum Smart Contracts. Exploratory study and code metrics. Information and software technology – IEEE Access, 2019.
- Katiuscia Mannaro, Gavina Baralla, Andrea Pinna, and Simona Ibba. A blockchain approach applied to a teledermatology platform in the Sardinian Region (Italy). Information, 9(2):44, 2018
Articles on International Conferences
- Gavina Baralla, Andrea Pinna, and Giacomo Corrias. Ensure traceability in European food supply chain by using a blockchain system. In Proceedings of the 2nd InternationalWorkshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain. ACM, 2019,May (IN PRESS)
- Gavina Baralla, Simona Ibba, Michele Marchesi, Roberto Tonelli, and Sebastiano Missineo. A blockchain based system to ensure transparency and reliability in food supply chain. In European Conference on Parallel Processing, pages 379–391. Springer, 2018
- Simona Ibba, Andrea Pinna, Gavina Baralla, and MicheleMarchesi. Icos overview: Should investors choose an ICO developed with the lean startup methodology? In International Conference on Agile Software Development, pages 293–308. Springer,2018.
- Simona Ibba, Gavina Baralla, Andrea Pinna, and Roberto Tonelli. Survey: how much the academic startups know and use agile software and lean startup methodologies? In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Agile Software Development: Companion, page 2. ACM, 2018.
- Katiuscia Mannaro, Gavina Baralla, and Chiara Garau. A goal-oriented framework for analyzing andmodelling city dashboards in smart cities. In Smart and Sustainable Planning for Cities and Regions: Results of SSPCR2017 2, pages 179–195. Springer, 2018.
- Gavina Baralla, Simona Ibba, and Riccardo Zenoni. Aposentu: A social semantic platform for hotels. In KDIR, pages 269–274, 201
- Gavina Baralla, Andrea Pinna, Roberto Tonelli, Katiuscia Mannaro and Michele Marchesi. A Blockchain approach for the sustainability in tourism management in the Sulcis area. INPUT aCAdemy. June 2019 (IN PRESS)
- Roberto Tonelli, Andrea Pinna, Gavina Baralla, and Simona Ibba. Ethereum smart contracts as blockchain-oriented microservices. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Agile Software Development: Companion, XP ’18,pages 21:1–21:2, New York, NY, USA, 2018. ACM
- Gavina Baralla, Katiuscia Mannaro, and Michele Marchesi. A proposed taxonomy of mobile public utility applications. In KMIS, pages 241–246, 2017
- Katiuscia Mannaro, Gavina Baralla, Simona Ibba, Andrea Pinna, and Chiara Garau. Towards a smart region: The case study of a teledermatology platform in Sardinian region (Italy). In 2017 IEEE 13th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), pages 370–377. IEEE, 2017.
- Marco Stocchi, Ilaria Lunesu, Simona Ibba, Gavina Baralla, and Michele Marchesi. The future of bitcoin: a synchrosqueezing wavelet transform to predict search engine query trends. In KDWeb, 2016.
- Marco Stocchi, Ilaria Lunesu, Simona Ibba, Gavina Baralla, and Michele Marchesi. A synchrosqueezed wavelet transform assisted machine learning framework for time series forecasting. In KDWeb, 2016
- Filippo Eros Pani, Maria Ilaria Lunesu, Giulio Concas, and Gavina Baralla. An approach to knowledge formalization. In Emerging Ideas on Information Filtering and Retrieval, pages 89–104. Springer, 2018.
- Filippo Eros Pani, Maria Ilaria Lunesu, Giulio Concas, and Gavina Baralla. The web knowledge management: A taxonomy-based approach. In International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering, and KnowledgeManagement, pages 230–244. Springer, 2013.
- Filippo Eros Pani,Maria Ilaria Lunesu, Giulio Concas, and Gavina Baralla. An approach to manage the web knowledge. In International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Ontology Development (KEOD 2013), pages 81–88. SCITEPRESS–Science and Technology Publications, 2013.