3rd International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain
ICSE 2020 –
Sat 23 – Fri 29 May 2019 – Seoul, South Korea
ONLINE July 13th
The 3rd Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain aims at involving researchers interested in emerging topics and trends in software engineering with particular focus on Blockchain software systems, extending the experiences of WETSEB 2018 and 2019.
Given the new and specific challenges proposed to software engineers by the emerging Blockchain technology, since WETSEB 2018 the organizers switched workshop interest from software metrics (WETSoM 2010 to 2017) to specific software engineering for the Blockchain technology .
Motivations for this workshop are increased in the past two editions given the clear outstanding interest in software communities, in the academy, in the industry, in the finance and in the media on the Blockchain Oriented Software Engineering (BOSE) , witnessed by the larger and larger amount of publications, of start-ups and companies which in the last years exploited this new technology.
Beside the growing interest, there is still a lack of software engineering practices applied to Blockchain oriented software. This workshop aims to stimulate the interest of researchers, practitioners and people from industry in the current issues and new directions and challenges for blockchain-oriented software engineering, and at investigating the need for novel specialized software engineering practices for the Blockchain software ecosystem.
The topics of interest in the discussion include:
- Blockchain-Oriented Software Engineering.
- Blockchain software analysis and re-engineering
- Formal specification of Blockchain behavior
- Agile and Lean processes for Blockchain software development
- Tools for Blockchain software distributed development and community management
- Smart Contracts re-engineering
- Security and reliability in Blockchain and Smart Contracts
- Smart Contract Testing (SCT)
- Blockchain Transaction Testing (BTT) to ensure status integrity
- Blockchain Software architecture, design notation and metamodels
- Applications in Economy and Finance
- Internet of Things
- Notarization Supply chain management Web 3.0 e-commerce, e-health, e-democracy social networks.
 Blockchain Oriented Software Engineering, S. Porru, A. Pinna, M Marchesi, R. Tonelli, ICSE 2017